Language and Communication
- To stimulate each child's understanding and use of the English and Swedish languages.
- To encourage speech development by stimulating musculature in the speech organs, auditory perception, and feedback.
- To provide an environment which stimulates language development by providing bountiful opportunities for children to experiment with language through rhymes, songs, action rhymes, poetry, voice exercises.
- To provide opportunities in large and small groups for children to relate stories and information.
- To train skills of listening and responding to both an adult and peers.
- To familiarise children with literature from many different cultures.
- To familiarise children with the phonetic alphabet, upper and lower case letters.
- To encourage emergent literacy by providing meaningful opportunities and materials for emerging reading and writing.