At Humpty Dumpty we aim:
- To encourage parents to join in activities each afternoon as they collect their child/ren.
- To strive towards each child being secure and comfortable with all parent members in the co-operative (a prerequisite for parents to act as substitutes in a teacher's absence).
- To encourage all parents to spend time (full or half, contact days) together with their child/ren in the nursery each term.
- To ensure all parents are conversant with nursery routines, teaching methods, and philosophy.
- To ensure daily, verbal contact between parents and staff.
- To provide a scheduled time for parent meetings, at least once per term.
- To encourage parents to be well-informed of daily activities, current theme work, and evaluation by providing ready access to the weekly schedule, documentation and their own children's files.
- To encourage parent participation through contributions to documentation.
- To require a parent substitute when necessary in cases of staff illness.
- To request a parent substitute when necessary to facilitate staff participation in further education and network meetings.
- To encourage parent participation on excursions outside the preschool.
- To encourage visits with parents in their places of work.
- To require a parent to co-ordinate substitution needs.
- To provide regular social gatherings for parents, children, and staff.
- To require a parent - volunteer to be responsible for organising substitution.
- To require a parent - volunteer to be responsible for repairs and regular maintenance of nursery premises and equipment.
- To require parents to form the administrative and economic body of the nursery.
- To require a parent - volunteer to co-ordinate admissions and to distribute nursery information.
- To require a parent - volunteer to be responsible for fund raising activities, together with a member of staff.